uima-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Lally" <ala...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject Re: standardizing namespaces for the UIMA framework
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 16:17:37 GMT
To me, naming our interfaces org.uima would imply that they were not a
product of apache, but decided by some entity called "uima.org".  Like
in the example Thilo suggested, with org.w3c namespaces for things
that originated from the W3C rather than from any Apache project.

Built-in types are currently have a "uima.cas" prefix and could stay
that way if we like.  I'm not sure why introducing "org" would be
helpful.  It just seems strange to have anything named "org.uima" if
there is not a separate entity whose domain name is uima.org.

-Adam