uima-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Lally" <ala...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject Fwd: Can/should eclipse jars go in m2-snapshot-repository
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 18:26:38 GMT
FYI this is the response I got from the Apache repository mailing list
about the possibility of putting Eclipse artifacts in the Maven
repository at www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/.

This person suggests we ask the Eclipse team to deploy their jars to
the central Maven repository whenever they do a build.  (The Maven
site also has language implying that the request must come from the
owner of the artifact.)

However, they don't completely rule out us posting the Eclipse jars to
the m2-snapshot-repository.

I suppose we can send a note to the Eclipse team but I doubt they'd
act on that very quickly.

-Adam

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Antoine Levy-Lambert <antoine@gmx.de>
Date: Nov 6, 2006 12:43 PM
Subject: Re: Can/should eclipse jars go in m2-snapshot-repository
To: repository@apache.org

Hello Adam,

there is a procedure here
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-ibiblio-upload.html

which can be used for Eclipse artifacts.

The best would be if you would contact the eclipse development team
and if they would request their upload themselves.

http://mvnrepository.com/search.html?query=eclipse

returns some answers.

Maybe some of the artifacts that you need are already available.

It is possible for library users to request uploads, but it is even
better if the upload request comes from the project which builds the
artifacts, in this case the Eclipse project.

Ideally, Eclipse should upload all their jars to ibiblio when they
make a new release, or at least a selection containing the ones which
Eclipse API developers are likely to use.

If you decide to enter your own JIRA tickets to upload particular
Eclipse jars, make sure that the groupId and artifactId s make sense
both for you and for the Eclipse project.

Regards,

Antoine

-------- Original-Nachricht --------