uima-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Lally" <ala...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject SVN organization
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 19:39:37 GMT
Our SVN structure is currently something like this:
site/
  site_publish/
    ** the html files for our website are currently here

uimaj/
  trunk/
    uima-website/
      ** website sources are here
    uima-docbooks/
      ** documentation is here
    uimaj-xxxx/
      ** code is here

I like the idea of the top-level separation between the website and
the code.  I think we should move the uima-website project to
underneath site.  (We have to do something to consolidate these,
soon.)

Another decision to make is about "trunk" directories.  I think we
should have a trunk directory under each top-level directory.  This
allows us to create branches and tags separately for the different
top-level things (site and uimaj).

I also wonder whether "uimaj" is the right name for the top level
directory.  When we add C++ support, do we want that as a separate top
level "uimacpp" directory.  That would mean that it would have
separate branches/tags from uimaj.  I'm not sure if that's good.  When
we make a release wouldn't we want to tag all of the code for Java and
C++ together?  Maybe "uima-sdk" is a better name, and we'd expect to
add the C++ projects there later?

So to recap I'm thinking of a structure like this:

site/
  trunk/
    uima-website/
      ** xml sources and generated html files go here

uima-sdk/
  trunk/
    uima-docbooks/
      ** documentation is here