uima-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Lally" <ala...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject Re: SVN organization
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 19:43:46 GMT
On 11/10/06, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:
> /common                                <<< the shared top node
>     /trunk
>        /uima-website
>        /uima-docbook

I think that things should be grouped under a trunk only if they are
likely to be branched/tagged together.  I don't think the website and
documentation would qualify.

Also I am thinking the documentation may want to stay under uimaj.  It
will be included as part of the uimaj build, and it makes sense to be
branched/tagged along with the Java code.  The C++ might have its own
separate documentation, at least to start.  We can always reorganize
the documentation later if we run into trouble.

For now I just want to get our website straightened out.  So I propose
that we restructure as follows:

site/
  trunk/
    uima-website/
      ** xml sources and generated html files go here

uimaj/
  trunk/
    uima-docbooks/
      ** documentation is here
    uimaj-xxxx/
      ** code is here

I can go ahead and do this myself if there are no objections.  Unless
I hear some +1's, I'll wait until Monday morning before touching
anything.

Also, if anyone has any changes to uima-website, now would be a good
time to commit them. :)

-Adam