uima-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Lally" <ala...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject Re: Build questions
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 14:57:43 GMT
On 11/15/06, Thilo Goetz <twgoetz@gmx.de> wrote:
> - When setting up the build for Eclipse, the M2_REPO variable needs to
> be set up manually.  Is this correct?  If so, this is missing from the
> instructions, and I'll be happy to add the information.

The M2_REPO variable should be created by this step in the instructions:
mvn -Declipse.workspace=<eclipse workspace dir> eclipse:add-maven-repo
(you might need to restart eclipse, however; I'm not sure).

> - After running mvn install, I have some files in my workspace that are
> not in svn, or no longer in sync: uimaj-core/Sofa.xcas has (whitespace)
> changes.  What's the purpose of that file?  uimaj-cpe/checkpoint.dat is
> not in svn.  Should we set svn:ignore?  What are the
> checkpoint_synchPoint.xml[.prev] used for?

Hmmm... I thought I added those checkpoint files to svn:ignore
already.  These files are created and/or used by the unit tests.  If
they're created by the unit tests, the unit tests should delete them
afterwards.  I tried to add them to svn:ignore since I was too lazy to
fix the tests.   I'm not sure if Sofa.xcas is created by the unit
tests or if it needs to preexist - if it needs to preexist then it
should get moved out of the root directory.

-Adam