uima-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Lally" <ala...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject Re: With what should we replace C:/Program Files/IBM/uima?
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 22:53:35 GMT
On 11/15/06, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:
> > We should obviously remove IBM from this.  But what do you think we
> > should use?
> > C:/Program Files/uima
> > C:/Program Files/apache/uima
> > C:/Program Files/apache-uima
> > C:/uima
> > C:/apache/uima
> > C:/apache-uima
> > Other?
>
> I like the 3rd one.  It indicates there's no coordination among Apache
> projects
> (which is true), which the 2nd one might imply.  I guess I would
> capitalize the first "A" in Apache though.
> I would not capitalize uima....

Well, I already went ahead and changed them to C:/Program
Files/apache/uima earlier today.  But that does seem like a reasonable
argument for apache-uima instead.  It's an easy global replace so I
can change them again if there is consensus.

I prefer keeping things lowercase.  Usually that's just because
they're easier to type in UNIX, which doesn't really apply here since
this is just a placeholder directory name and would be replaced by
wherever the user actually installs UIMA.  But still I prefer
lowercase on general principles.

-Adam