uima-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Lally" <ala...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject Re: Doc changes: replacing collection reader / cas initializer with creating new sofa?
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 16:51:13 GMT
On 11/16/06, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:
> The docs describe collection readers and cas initializers.  The latter
> is deprecated - so I'm removing it from the docs.
> Complex collection readers are do-able using re-usable AE parts.  What
> else should I be saying in the docs about this?
> Are "collection readers" themselves going to be deprecated (they are not
> at this point of course).

Refer to the XmlDetagger in the example code as a way to decouple the
code that handles a particular data format (XML, in this case) from
the CollectionReader which is only responsible for reading the raw
data from its source.

I don't think CollectionReaders will be deprecated anytime soon.

On a similar topic I also opened JIRA UIMA-28 to remind us to remove
CAS Initializer references from our example code.  This was reported
on SourceForge.

-Adam