uima-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Lally" <ala...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject Using JIRA to track which issues need to be fixed for version 2.1
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 15:43:18 GMT
I propose that we try to use JIRA for which issues need to get fixed
for which versions, rather than keeping a separate list on the Wiki
(http://cwiki.apache.org/UIMA/todo.html).

I entered version 2.1 into JIRA and assigned a bunch of issues to it
(all the ones listed on todo.html plus others I thought were
necessary).  This isn't meant to be an exhaustive list.

When creating a new issue you can assign a "Fix Version" of 2.1 if you
think this needs to be fixed prior to release.

I also propose (again) that we not create JIRA issues that are "wish
lists" comprised of many different issues.  For example the "Tool wish
list" issue had a subitem "migration tools" that I wanted to add to
version 2.1.  So I had to create a separate issue for it and then
delete it from the tool wish list.  I think this would be better if
these were entered as separate issues to begin with.  Or, for items
that are just general ideas for things to work on, rather than
specific issues to be addressed, use the Wiki instead of JIRA.  But
pick one, try not to put the same thing in two places.

-Adam