uima-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Lally" <ala...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject Re: JMX detection
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 21:47:35 GMT
On 11/29/06, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:
>     The big doc says UIMA automatically detects if JMX is available.  I
> changed this to specify that the detection is if JMX is available in the
> JVM (it could be Java 5, or Java 1.4 with the JMX reference impl from
> Sun downloaded).  Is this correct - or does UIMA just detect Java 5.x or
> later?

The automatic registration of an AE MBean with JMX only works on Java
5.x, because I believe only Java 5.x comes with a built-in "platform"
MBean server that's automatically created as part of the JVM.

If you are using Java 1.4 and JMX you have to pass a reference to your
MBeanServer in the additional parameters map when you create your
AnalysisEngine.

-Adam