uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject SVN organization rationale (or lack thereof)
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 00:46:21 GMT
The initial import was to

.../incubator/uima/xxxxxxx/trunk/<project-names>

The idea about xxxxxx was for "future" expansion.  One of the xxxxx
might be sandbox, for instance.
Our initial software contribution is for the uima - java framework, so
for this, we set up xxxxxx = uimaj (j for Java).

This might be a bit redundant - in that the projects under the
uimaj/trunk/yyyyy also start with uimaj (usually uimaj-), unless it
pertains to more than just the Java framework.  For instance, the
documentation for the website is in the uimaj/trunk/uima-website.

This probably could get reorganized better, if someone wants to do it,
sometime.
-Marshall