uima-dev mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: standardizing namespaces for the UIMA framework
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 07:15:28 GMT
I would think the org.uima namespace should be reserved for standardized
UIMA interfaces, originating most likely from OASIS.  Then our
implementation prefix would still be org.apache.  Other Apache projects
that implement standards are handling this similarly.  For example, some
of the interfaces that Xerces implements have a org.xml or org.w3c
namespace; the implementation is still prefixed with org.apache.

Our interfaces are certainly good candidates for such a standardized
interfaces, but I'd wait with renaming to a org.uima (or similar)
namespace until such a proposal is forthcoming from OASIS.

--Thilo