uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: uima-website and uima-docbooks
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 15:26:42 GMT
Adam Lally wrote:
> These projects seem to have had their .project and .classpath files
> checked
> in.  Furthermore they don't appear to have any Java code in them
> (unless I
> missed something), so are the .classpath files used for anything?

Yes.  These projects both run ant scripts which use jar files kept in
lib directories.
You're probably correct, though, that these don't need to be "Java"
projects in
eclipse.

I checked in the .project and .class because the build for these is
(currently) outside
the maven system - it's done by running the build.xml ant script. I
didn't know about
SVN and .project files.  My only goal was to enable others to check it
out without
hassle into Eclipse.  If that can be done without these two files,
please delete them :-)

-Marshall