uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: SVN organization
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 20:09:54 GMT
To me, the "SDK" has a meaning of adding tools, examples, etc. to a core
thing.  Using it as a top-level collection name for the various
framework implementations seems a bit "off".

I think our big code bases (Java, C++, maybe others in the future - e.g.
C#, javaScript) could go into their own top-level things.  One criteria
to balance here is independence of releases.  Each top level thing might
reasonably be assumed to be release independent from other top level
things. This isn't quite true with C++ and Java - they often have some
(weak) dependencies due to naming issues, usually.

Other top-level things might be "test-corpora" if we get into that business.

-Marshall