uima-dev mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: methodology for updating the web-site for a project
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 09:49:54 GMT
Marshall Schor wrote:

> It seems to me to be a bad practice to put generated files into SVN,

One argument in favor or checking in the website is that in case of a
move or crash, it's very easy to restore the web site (even for someone
not at all associated with our project).

Another point is that the build tools we use change constantly, and it
may not always be (easily) possible to do the build in the same way it
was done when the site was last modified.

To me this is different then, say, checking in javadoc or binaries.  I
agree that in general, we should not check in generated files.  However,
in the case of the website a case can be made.

--Thilo