uima-dev mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: naming releases
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:03:43 GMT
Marshall Schor wrote:
> There's a discussion on general@incubator about how to name releases
> when using Maven, that includes the word "incubator" / "incubating".
> Adam - if our releases aren't this way already, could you open an Jira
> issue and fix?
>
> -Marshall

Our version is currently called 1.0-SNAPSHOT, which is the Maven
default.  What are we going to call this version, anyway?  We have 2.0
out already, and the move to Apache justifies a major version hike, to
my mind.  3.0, anyone?  Or are we starting over on Apache?

I checked what Wicket is doing: they're continuing with their pre-Apache
version scheme.  I'd vote for doing that as well.  Whether we call it
2.0, 2.1 or 3.0 is not clear to me.  Anyone have any arguments one way
or the other?

--Thilo