uima-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Lally" <ala...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject Re: Should the SDK assembly contain all three formats of documentation?
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 14:24:40 GMT
On 12/6/06, Thilo Goetz <twgoetz@gmx.de> wrote:
> Marshall Schor wrote:
> > How about multiple distributable package things - one with everything
> > (big),
> > one without the docs, and the docs separately available - each kind?
>
> Or we could determine a minimum set of docs we want to ship (for
> example, the pdf), and everything else is downloadable separately.  I'm
> afraid we'll confuse people if we have that many different versions of
> the distribution.  Opinions?

I agree, let's limit how many different kinds of distributions we
have.  Already we may end up with different distributions for Java and
C++, and maybe one that combines both.  I wouldn't want to bifurcate
that again with different documentation sets.

For me the choice is  (PDF + single-page HTML) or PDF only.  The only
reason to do PDF only would be to reduce the download size, but
perhaps we should not be too worried about   an extra 10MB, or less
since Marshall thinks we can reduce the size of the image files
without sacrificing too much resolution.

-Adam