uima-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Lally" <ala...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject Re: Best practice: UIMA distribution to unpack into directory?
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 18:07:19 GMT
On 12/6/06, Thilo Goetz <twgoetz@gmx.de> wrote:
> All,
>
> it is considered good practice on Apache to have distributions create a
> directory, and not to unload into the current directory (see recent
> discussions on incubator-general).  There is a simple switch in Maven
> that lets us do that: it creates a subdirectory with the same name as
> the version string, currently uimaj-2.1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.  It would
> be a departure from our current practice, but an improvement I think.
> Objections?

Also would this affect the absolute paths we have in some of our
descriptors?  They are currently rooted at c:\Program
Files\apache-uima.  This gets replaced (with the value of UIMA_HOME)
by the adjustExamplePaths script, but still it seems like the default
value ought have the possibility of matching an initial install on
some platform.

-Adam