uima-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Lally" <ala...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject Re: Should the SDK assembly contain all three formats of documentation?
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 20:25:42 GMT
> Apache projects usually also do a pure source distribution, which is
> convenient for downstream distributors who do their own build and
> packaging.  (And binary distributions normally include the source code).

Yes, good point.

Some size measurements for our SDK zip (these will increase if we add
the source code):
No documentation: 7982 KB
With PDF only: 13544 KB
With PDF and HTML (single-page): 16783 KB

So HTML appears to add only an extra 3MB or so.  This is only for
three out of the four books, but IIRC the last one (reference guides)
doesn't have many images and so wouldn't be very large.

I'm leaning towards including both the PDF and single-page HTML.  Any
objections?

-Adam