uima-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Baessler <...@michael-baessler.de>
Subject Re: Pear installer API
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 15:28:53 GMT
Lev Kozakov wrote:
> I agree with Michael's latest suggestion regarding parameters of the
> installPearPackage method. What about a separate method for
> validating installed PEAR package ? Installation and validation processes
> may need to be done separately (for instance, due to the time/resource
> constraints). I believe, we need to provide developers with this kind of
> flexibility.
>
> I'll look at the details of the PackageInstaller implementation and send
> a separate comment on that.
I don't see that we need a separate method for installation
verification. If an application
want to do the verification before using the component they have to wait
until is has finished.
So they don't want to call a separate method. And if the installation
fails, the verification is not started.
So I don't understand why we need a separate method.

-- Michael