uima-dev mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Best practice: UIMA distribution to unpack into directory?
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 17:49:24 GMT
Agreed, the name is horrible.  But the "SNAPSHOT" will go away for a
release, and the "incubating" will go away should we graduate.  Then
it's just uimaj-i.j.k, which seems fine.  On Unix, people don't usually
refer directly to the install directory, but rather to a symbolic link
which in turn points to the install dir.  That allows them to easily
switch between versions of a programm.  Unfortunately, that's not
something that can be easily done on Windows.

We *could* shorten the name to just "uimaj".  Eclipse does that, for
example.  Personally, I always rename my Eclipse install directories to
contain the version number since I usually have about half a dozen
versions on my disk ;-).

Other opinions?