uima-dev mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Writing something about the Sandbox
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 16:28:54 GMT
Here's what the Lucene folks say about their sandbox:

"Lucene project also contains a workspace, Lucene Sandbox, that is open
to all Lucene committers, as well as a few other developers. The purpose
of the Sandbox is to host various third party contributions, and to
serve as a place to try out new ideas and prepare them for inclusion
into the core Lucene distribution.
Users are free to experiment with the components developed in the
Sandbox, but Sandbox components will not necessarily be maintained,
particularly in their current state."

The Lucene sandbox is part of every Lucene release, it just comes with
this disclaimer.  Since we've been modeling our sandbox on theirs, this
is what we're aiming for.  I don't think we should add the sandbox to
the first release, but after that, why not.