uima-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Baessler <...@michael-baessler.de>
Subject Re: Writing something about the Sandbox
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 17:15:59 GMT
Marshall Schor wrote:
> The difference may be one of emphasis.  Or, maybe I've misunderstood
> what Michael said (sorry if true.)
> I'm trying to emphasize the purpose of the Sandbox is not in
> what it hosts (Annotators, Cas Consumers, Tools, etc.), but rather
> that it is more free of the constraints
> we have for other projects / subprojects.  There's less need for
> consensus here, more opportunity to
> try new things, some of which might be accepted eventually, others, not.
That was my intention. The sandbox is a place where new things can be
developed... for example annotators, tools... and so on....
Maybe some of these project get also integrated to the core framework.
But I'm not sure if, e.g. annotator components will be added to the
core. I think such analysis components will ever stay in the sandbox and
can be downloaded there. Other opinions?

And I agree with Thilo, that we should add some of the sandbox
components to the next release. So we can provide
binary versions of components that are ready to use.

-- Michael