uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Writing something about the Sandbox
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 18:18:31 GMT
Michael Baessler wrote:
> <snip>
> Maybe some of these project get also integrated to the core framework.
> But I'm not sure if, e.g. annotator components will be added to the
> core. I think such analysis components will ever stay in the sandbox
> and can be downloaded there. Other opinions?

I prefer creating "subprojects" of Apache UIMA to hold these, for
reasons stated in previous notes.  For instance, how about a subproject
called "Apache UIMA Components", holding annotators?  (Another
subproject might be "corpii" - common test data, etc.)  We could do
distributions/releases of these.

-Marshall