uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject setting up for download of release
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 20:27:56 GMT
I looked at several incubator projects to see how they're doing things.

Most have a downloads html page on their website (so do we - for
downloading the Eclipse Code Style Prefs).

Where they host the download zip / tar file varies, including:
   people.apache.org/some-user
   the project website, under a dir called "downloads"
   The maven repository for incubating projects:
      people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/

org/apache/openjpa/openjpa-project/0.9.6-incubating/openjpa-project-0.9.6-incubating-binary.zip

I don't know the reason for the repeated names in this example - they
seem redundant to me.

Have we discussed how to do this?  My preference would be to borrow
something like OpenJPA does
(incubator.apache.org/openjpa/downloads.html) and change it to suit.  I
don't have a strong
feeling about using Maven repository - I think that may be useful if
other projects are treating your project
as a maven component - and I don't think we've crossed that bridge yet,
so something simpler would probably
be better for now?   My (slight) preference would be to have our
downloads in our existing /downloads directory.

I suppose we need a "temporary place" to put these before they are
officially blessed.  Maybe we could set up a dir called
to_be_approved, with subdirs /downloads and /download.html - this latter
being a proposed update to our existing
download page.  Other opinions?

-Marshall