uima-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Lally" <ala...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject Re: UIMA 2.1 with Maven
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 20:12:23 GMT
Just bringing this back to everyone's attention... there were some
user requests for us to release our maven artifacts to the apache
incubator repository.  So perhaps for the 2.2 release we should put
these up for vote along with the usual release artifacts.  IIRC I
addressed all the maven metadata issues raised by Dan Kulp at the last
go-around, so they should be ready to go.

-Adam

On 3/30/07, greg@holmberg.name <holmberg2066@comcast.net> wrote:
> > We could do this in our next release - it requires Incubator PMC approval.
> >
> > We decided to defer this for our first release since we didn't know we
> > had any users who wanted this.  Now we know. :)
>
> I'll just add my vote for that.  We also use maven2, so a repository would be nice.
We've deployed the UIMA jars to our internal repository for now, but having them on a public
repository would be nice.

> Similarly, it would be useful to get a maven2 archetype for annotators that can produce
PEAR files.

> Perhaps all the annotators in the UIMA examples should move to using a PEAR directory
structure and PEAR files.  And then the UIMA tools should be able to load PEAR files, adding
the jars or class files to the classpath at runtime.