uima-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Lally" <ala...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject Re: Class loading issue with ResourceBundle
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 14:43:20 GMT
On Nov 13, 2007 3:55 AM, Michael Baessler <mba@michael-baessler.de> wrote:
> I agree a test case would be fine, but I don't know how to add one.
> Since with Maven automatically all resources that are added to project
> test resources directory
> are also added to the system classpath for the tests. To test the class
> resources exclusively to the UIMAClassloader
> and the resources must not appear in the system classpath.

Hmmm... good point.  The only way I can think of to do this would be
to package the code that you want to be under the UIMAClassLoader as a
jar file and add it the jar file to svn but not have it be in the
classpath.  Then the test case could point the UIMAClassLoader at the
jar file.  The source code that generated the jar file couldn't be in
the classpath, so it would have to be in some other project.

Ugly, but it seems better than having no test cases at all for the
UIMAClassLoader, which it sounds like might be the situation we're in
at the moment.

-Adam