uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Deadlocks in CPM tests ?
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2007 21:33:58 GMT
Hello,

I did build uima serveral times with maven, but in two cases
the tests block. I guess we have race conditions which lead
to deadlocks.

Here are the console output.

First case:

Running org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.CpmInitTest
Initialize was called: true
Nov 4, 2007 8:32:03 PM
org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.BaseCPMImpl process
WARNING: Processing the request to stop the CPM. (Thread Name: main)
Nov 4, 2007 8:32:03 PM
org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.engine.CPMEngine process
INFO: The collection reader thread state is: 2007 (Thread Name: main)
Initialize was called: true
Nov 4, 2007 8:32:04 PM
org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.BaseCPMImpl process
WARNING: Processing the request to stop the CPM. (Thread Name: main)
Nov 4, 2007 8:32:04 PM
org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.engine.CPMEngine process
INFO: The collection reader thread state is: 1001 (Thread Name: main)
Nov 4, 2007 8:32:04 PM
org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.engine.CPMEngine process
INFO: The CPM processing unit is 0 and processing state 2004. (Thread
Name: main)
Nov 4, 2007 8:32:04 PM
org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.engine.CPMEngine process
INFO: The CAS consumer thread state is 2001. (Thread Name: main)

Second case:
Running org.apache.uima.pear.util.ComponentCategoryTest
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.272
sec
Running org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.CpmStopTest
Nov 4, 2007 9:11:51 PM
org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.BaseCPMImpl process
WARNING: Processing the request to stop the CPM. (Thread Name: main)
Nov 4, 2007 9:11:51 PM
org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.engine.CPMEngine process
INFO: The collection reader thread state is: 1001 (Thread Name: main)
Nov 4, 2007 9:11:51 PM
org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.engine.CPMEngine process
INFO: The CPM processing unit is 0 and processing state 2004. (Thread
Name: main)
Nov 4, 2007 9:11:51 PM
org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.engine.CPMEngine process
INFO: The CAS consumer thread state is 2001. (Thread Name: main)
Nov 4, 2007 9:11:51 PM
org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.container.ServiceProxyPool process
WARNING: The CAS processor pool is empty. (Thread Name: [Procesing
Pipeline#1 Thread]::) Total size: 1 Free in pool: 0

Jörn