uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject News from ApacheCon relative to version numbers
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 18:55:03 GMT
I spoke with a person here who uses maven for building - he mentioned
two facilities that might help us in our management of release numbers.
One is some ability to have substitutable variables inside POMs, which
are substituted from "profiles".  The version number could be one of these.

The other was - he said there was a maven "release" plugin which
auto-magically can update the release number.

I don't have more details about this, but it might be worth looking
into, to further automate this part of our release process.

-Marshall