uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: CDE/JCasGen does not check for multiple definitions of same feature on type
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2007 02:29:42 GMT
The CDE design was to check for errors when editing using the forms, but
to let the user do anything they want when editing the source XML directly.

The checks done against the edited source are done, not by the CDE, but
by the base UIMA framework code.  My guess is that that code might be
missing checks for duplicates.

The JCasGen assumes the checking was done by the base UIMA framework code.

-Marshall