uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Eclipse update site for Apache UIMA tooling
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:50:09 GMT
The "site.xml" file in the project uimaj-eclipse-update-site had to have
a value stating where the update site is located.  It currently says:

http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads/eclipse-update-site

Part of our release process needs to move the files from the
uimaj-eclipse-update-site/target directory to that update site.

I think that our set of released artifacts that should be
scanned-with-RAT / reviewed should include the artifacts for the update
site.  Do others agree?

If so, can Michael add a directory for the update site artifacts to the
release candidate at
people.a.o:/home/mbaessler/distributions/uimaj-2.2.1/03 , or something
else that's better?

Unless someone wants to offer contrary opinions, I'll post to
general@incubator a question about having our next release include an
eclipse update site, and if its OK to have it at the
http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads/eclipse-update-site
location.  I see that other projects do this kind of thing.  But I've
also seen that all "distributions" have to be in specific places.

-Marshall

For reference, details of the eclipse site building are in a previous email:
http://www.mail-archive.com/uima-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg04028.html