uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject notes on new release procedure
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 15:47:14 GMT
Here are the relevant notes on the new release procedures, extracted
from a IM conversation with Ken Coar, one of our mentors:

(9:38:17 AM) *schor@us.ibm.com - Marshall Schor/Watson/IBM:*
http://www.mail-archive.com/general@incubator.apache.org/msg15413.html
(9:38:39 AM) *schor@us.ibm.com - Marshall Schor/Watson/IBM:* This is the
08 Oct 2007 vote that changed the policy for where incubator
distributions go

(9:34:01 AM) *schor@us.ibm.com - Marshall Schor/Watson/IBM:*
http://www.mail-archive.com/general@incubator.apache.org/msg15669.html
(9:34:27 AM) *schor@us.ibm.com - Marshall Schor/Watson/IBM:* Here Robert
Burrell Donkin talks about setting up mirroring, and who should do it.

(10:17:48 AM) *kcoar@us.ibm.com - Ken Coar/Raleigh/IBM:* not enacted
yet. robert hasn't done the move yet. policy hasn't changed.

(10:26:48 AM) *schor@us.ibm.com - Marshall Schor/Watson/IBM:* It seems
there are some html tricks to do on our incubator.a.o/uima website to
have the download links point to mirrors, instead of to
www.a.o/dist/incubator/uima <http://www.a.o/dist/incubator/uima>. That's
the setup work that has to be done "once per project" that the note is
referring to?
(10:27:06 AM) *kcoar@us.ibm.com - Ken Coar/Raleigh/IBM:* ah, yeah
(10:27:44 AM) *schor@us.ibm.com - Marshall Schor/Watson/IBM:*
http://apache.org/dev/mirror-step-by-step.html

Setting up the project to make use of mirroring is quite complex from
reading these guides; when the time comes, we should do it in
consultation with someone who's familiar with the ins-and-outs, I think.

-Marshall