uima-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Lally" <ala...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject Re: Release Upload
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 19:33:02 GMT
On Dec 20, 2007 12:19 PM, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:
> So - my preference would be mostly one of "don't care", but with a very
> slight leaning toward having the release event result in the creation of
> a new subdir under d/i/uima/<release-identification> and under that, the
> set of files that go with that release; with files that don't change
> with each release, like KEYS, at the top.  Such an organization would
> allow a user browsing the directories to download both the binary and
> source releases for a particular version, perhaps slightly more easily.
>
> I can also see the value of top level "binaries, source, docs"
> organization, because a user browsing the directory would likely have in
> mind one of these things they want to go after (although, that might run
> into difficulties if we distribute things that don't fall into these
> categories, at some point).

I also see value both ways.  But given that ant, commons, and httpd do
it with the top-level "binaries, source, docs" organization, my
(slight) preference would be to do it that way.  If there are any
users who actually go poking around directly in dist/incubator, it
would be nice for them if there was some consistency.

-Adam