uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Updating our web-site with info in dev section on how-to-do-a-release
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 14:16:20 GMT
It would be great if the past and present release managers could add a
page to our web-site under the developers area, describing how to do a
release.

We have some parts, already - like how to sign a release.

What's missing are all the other steps a release manager does, such as
1) making the release notes from the Jira reporting
2) how to find the current level of RAT, how to run RAT, what to do with
the reports (how to annotate them), etc.
  -- by the way, can RAT be run in a mode that only shows differences
with the previous release?  This might be helpful to anyone reviewing
the release...

3) how to do the vote

4) After the vote passes, what to do, including: base release, docs
update, archiving older ones, where the release "goes", what to do with
the Eclipse update site, etc.

I'm sure there are parts I've omitted - so I would suggest that we get a
web page started which we can incrementally update and improve.

Do others agree?

-Marshall