uima-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Baessler <...@michael-baessler.de>
Subject Re: Can't get MeetingFinderCPE_Managed_Unix.xml to work - can someone else try it?
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 16:56:28 GMT
Adam Lally wrote:
> There seems to be something wrong with CPE managed (aka "local") mode
> on Linux.  I haven't been able to get even the example that ships with
> UIMA to work.
>
> I tried a few different Linux machines.  One one I get an error
> because ksh is not installed - opened a JIRA for that.  On two others,
> which do have ksh, it just hangs.
>
> Can someone else give this a try, just to make sure I'm not doing
> something wrong?  I just installed the uima driver, ran
> adjustExamplePaths, and from the examples directory executed runCPE.sh
> descriptors/collection_processing_engine/MeetingFinderCPE_Managed_Unix.xml.
>
> Thanks,
> -Adam

The same for me. I also checked the output folder, but no files are
processed.
After that I did the same test with the cpeGUI. And it seems to work
fine - no error messages
are displayed and the output folder has the processed documents. But
when looking on the command line
I see:
Error loading CPE Descriptor
/home/uima/UIMATesting/apache-uima/examples/descriptors/collection_processing_engine/MeetingFinderCPE_Managed_Unix.xml
org.apache.uima.util.InvalidXMLException: Invalid descriptor at
file:/home/uima/UIMATesting/apache-uima/examples/deploy/vinci/Deploy_MeetingDetectorTAE.xml.
        at
org.apache.uima.util.impl.XMLParser_impl.parse(XMLParser_impl.java:193)
        at
org.apache.uima.util.impl.XMLParser_impl.parseResourceSpecifier(XMLParser_impl.java:365)
        at
org.apache.uima.util.impl.XMLParser_impl.parseResourceSpecifier(XMLParser_impl.java:346)
        at
org.apache.uima.tools.cpm.CpmPanel.openCpeDescriptor(CpmPanel.java:1781)
        at
org.apache.uima.tools.cpm.CpmPanel.readPreferences(CpmPanel.java:538)
        at org.apache.uima.tools.cpm.CpmPanel.<init>(CpmPanel.java:419)
        at org.apache.uima.tools.cpm.CpmFrame.<init>(CpmFrame.java:94)
        at org.apache.uima.tools.cpm.CpmFrame.initGUI(CpmFrame.java:178)
        at org.apache.uima.tools.cpm.CpmFrame.access$000(CpmFrame.java:49)
        at org.apache.uima.tools.cpm.CpmFrame$1.run(CpmFrame.java:168)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:240)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:268)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:197)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:191)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:183)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:144)
Caused by: org.apache.uima.util.InvalidXMLException: The XML parser
encountered an unknown element type: deployment.
        at
org.apache.uima.util.impl.XMLParser_impl.buildObject(XMLParser_impl.java:276)
        at
org.apache.uima.util.impl.SaxDeserializer_impl.getObject(SaxDeserializer_impl.java:114)
        at
org.apache.uima.util.impl.XMLParser_impl.parse(XMLParser_impl.java:184)
        ... 16 more

So when looking into the details the MeetingDetector ae could not be
loaded and was not used for the CPE run. But this error was not displays
in the UI.
Maybe you see the same when using the cpeGUI.

-- Michael