uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject How to quickly see info about Maven
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 19:34:48 GMT
If you type
    maven model
into google, the top page is
http://maven.apache.org/ref/2.0.4/maven-model/maven.html

This page shows in a concise way all the things that can go into a POM.
If you scroll down, you can see an explanation for the various elements.

See for instance, the <properties> element, which can serve to update
substitutable variables in poms and even inside files (via "filters" -
like ant filters, I think.

There may also be a way to stop the checking for downloading of Eclipse
plugin dependencies already in your local repository (see <repository>
and in that, <release> and "updatePolicy").

After we release 2.1.1, I'll do some experiments to see if any of this
can help simplify our maven builds.

-Marshall