uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Release Mirroring
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 19:49:07 GMT
Here is information on the two "styles" of web pages for mirroring:

http://www.apache.org/dev/release-download-pages.html#download-scripts

I would prefer the "custom template" approach - I don't think it's very
hard to do; I've already set something similar up for Eclipse plugin
download mirroring (and got it to work, even ;-) ).

I would require the following steps, I think:

1) generating & uploading the cgi wrapper script (I already did this for
the Eclipse plugin downloads - it's easy).
2) editing our website:
   a) making a new download page that has variables in it that reference
the mirrors properly
   b) making the old download page at the old download page URL "point"
to the new page via a redirect, in case some people are holding onto
refs to that URL
   c) making the rest of our website that used to link the old download
page link the new one

Robert - if you're reading this, please comment if we go "off track" in
this discussion, due to our ignorance (or for other reasons ;-) )

Comments, opinions?

-Marshall