uima-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Baessler <...@michael-baessler.de>
Subject Re: Archiving Old Releases
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:18:53 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> On Dec 19, 2007 8:44 PM, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:
>
>> Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>>
>>> apache maintains a long term archive. releases placed under dist will
>>> be automatically archived (see
>>> http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#how-to-archive) and should be
>>> deleted when no longer current.
>>>
>>> the old UIMA releases need to be moved directly to the archive to
>>> avoid excess strain on the mirrors. redirects can be added to ensure
>>> that the urls still work. i have the karma and i'm happy to sort this
>>> out for you.
>>>

>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>>> where are the old releases?
>>>

>> They are here: http://people.apache.org/dist/incubator/uima
>>

> i've copied these to the local archive on people. should be sync'd
> later. once they've been checked, the originals can be deleted.
>

>> Our (current - before mirroring update) download page,
>> http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads.html, points to them.
>>

> i've prepared the redirects but am awaiting the sync's before applying
> them. i think i'm out tomorrow evening and probably friday so it may
> be a day or two before i apply them.
>
> - robert

The current layout in the "archive" does not meet the new mirroring
layout. Do we have to change the archive layout as well, so that there
is no difference in the structure between the manual archived releases
and the future automatic archived releases?

The current archive layout does not have any source and binary folders
and the documentation is missing as well.

-- Michael