uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Release Upload
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 17:08:12 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> /dist/incubator/uima now exists on people. feel free to upload the
> latest release, sums, sigs, KEYS and documentation. the release
> shouldn't be announced until the mirroring script is done and tests
> but there's no need for the upload to wait on the script.
>
> NB
>
> 1. ***NEVER*** alter any document placed in dist

Robert - several of the projects we see have a file "KEYS" at the top
level.  As new people join the set of code-signers, I presume this file
would be altered?  In dist/httpd, the date of the KEYS file is quite recent.

So - is a KEYS file an exception to #1 above?  If so, what is the
underlying principal for #1?

-Marshall\