uima-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Baessler <...@michael-baessler.de>
Subject Re: ready to release uimaj-2.2.1-incubating
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 20:31:39 GMT
Thilo Goetz wrote:
> Michael Baessler wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> as you may have seen, the vote for uimaj-2.2.1-incubating passed on
>>> the incubator mailing list.
>>> So we can release the uimaj-2.2.1-incubating artifacts.
>>>
>>> Marshall, do you have any news about the new release procedure?
>>>
>>> Next steps:
>>> - Upload the release artifacts to the maven incubator repository
>>> (Michael)
>>> - Upload the release artifacts to people.apache.org if the stay with
>>> the old release procedure (Michael)
>>> - Upload the eclipse update site artifacts (Marshall can you do this?)
>>> - Update the website with documentation, download, news section (Michael)
>>>
>>> Anything else?
>>>
>>> -- Michael
>>>
>> Just to verify with people that already did this...
>>
>> I upload the release artifacts to the incubator repository by adding
>>
>>  <distributionManagement>
>>    <repository>
>>      <id>staging-repository</id>
>>
>> <url>scpexe://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/</url>
>>
>>    </repository>
>>  </distributionManagement>
>>
>> to the uimaj project POM and then call
>>
>>    mvn -DsignArtifacts=true source:jar deploy
>>
>> right?
>>
>> -- Michael
>>

> You can try that, but I couldn't get it to work last time.  If you
> get it to work, fine.  If not, don't waste a lot of time.  Just deploy
> to a local repository on your disk and copy the resulting artifacts
> manually.

Right, I didn't get it to work automatically, so I deployed the files to
a local repository and copied them
manually to the incubator repository.
But then an issue comes up, we still want to support the old version
(uimaj-2.2.0-incubating) that is available in the incubator  repository,
so the maven-metadata.xml file was not correct. It should look like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><metadata>
  <groupId>org.apache.uima</groupId>
  <artifactId>uimaj-tools</artifactId>
  <version>2.2.1-incubating</version>
  <versioning>
    <versions>
      <version>2.2.0-incubating</version>
      <version>2.2.1-incubating</version>
    </versions>
    <lastUpdated>20071213105311</lastUpdated>
  </versioning>
</metadata>

I updated the files manually so that available UIMA builds still work.
But this isn't a way we should go in the future.
We have to figure out, how to do this automatically. Another issue is
the MD5 and SHA1 checksum file for maven-metadata.xml,
these also have to be recreated after the files have been changed. I
also did this and update the files accordingly.

I verified the uploaded release artifacts successfully. Can please
anybody else do this.

Thanks Michael