uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: ready to release uimaj-2.2.1-incubating
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2007 03:21:02 GMT
Michael Baessler wrote:
> Thilo Goetz wrote:

>>> Just to verify with people that already did this...
>>>
>>> I upload the release artifacts to the incubator repository by adding
>>>
>>>  <distributionManagement>
>>>    <repository>
>>>      <id>staging-repository</id>
>>>
>>> <url>scpexe://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/</url>
>>>

>>>    </repository>
>>>  </distributionManagement>
>>>
>>> to the uimaj project POM and then call
>>>
>>>    mvn -DsignArtifacts=true source:jar deploy
>>>
>>> right?
>>>
>>> -- Michael
>>>

>> You can try that, but I couldn't get it to work last time.  If you
>> get it to work, fine.  If not, don't waste a lot of time.  Just deploy
>> to a local repository on your disk and copy the resulting artifacts
>> manually.
>>
> Right, I didn't get it to work automatically, so I deployed the files
> to a local repository and copied them
> manually to the incubator repository.
> But then an issue comes up, we still want to support the old version
> (uimaj-2.2.0-incubating) that is available in the incubator
> repository, so the maven-metadata.xml file was not correct. It should
> look like:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><metadata>
>  <groupId>org.apache.uima</groupId>
>  <artifactId>uimaj-tools</artifactId>
>  <version>2.2.1-incubating</version>
>  <versioning>
>    <versions>
>      <version>2.2.0-incubating</version>
>      <version>2.2.1-incubating</version>
>    </versions>
>    <lastUpdated>20071213105311</lastUpdated>
>  </versioning>
> </metadata>
>
> I updated the files manually so that available UIMA builds still work.
> But this isn't a way we should go in the future.
> We have to figure out, how to do this automatically. Another issue is
> the MD5 and SHA1 checksum file for maven-metadata.xml,
> these also have to be recreated after the files have been changed. I
> also did this and update the files accordingly.
>
> I verified the uploaded release artifacts successfully. Can please
> anybody else do this.
I verified the uimaj-core/maven-metadata.xml  and
uimaj/maven-metadata.xml sha-1 and md5 hashes matches the corresponding
md5 and sha1 files in those 2 directories.  I did this by hand but there
must be an easier way....  If anyone knows, please post, and I'll use
the easier way to check the other 14 parts that make up our maven release.

-Marshall