uima-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Archiving Old Releases
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 22:08:38 GMT
On Dec 19, 2007 8:44 PM, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:

> Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> > apache maintains a long term archive. releases placed under dist will
> > be automatically archived (see
> > http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#how-to-archive) and should be
> > deleted when no longer current.
> >
> > the old UIMA releases need to be moved directly to the archive to
> > avoid excess strain on the mirrors. redirects can be added to ensure
> > that the urls still work. i have the karma and i'm happy to sort this
> > out for you.
> >
> Thanks for your help.
> > where are the old releases?
> >
> They are here: http://people.apache.org/dist/incubator/uima

i've copied these to the local archive on people. should be sync'd
later. once they've been checked, the originals can be deleted.

> Our (current - before mirroring update) download page,
> http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads.html, points to them.

i've prepared the redirects but am awaiting the sync's before applying
them. i think i'm out tomorrow evening and probably friday so it may
be a day or two before i apply them.

- robert