uima-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Archiving Old Releases
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:10:45 GMT
On Dec 20, 2007 10:18 AM, Michael Baessler <mba@michael-baessler.de> wrote:
> Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:

<snip>

> > i've prepared the redirects but am awaiting the sync's before applying
> > them. i think i'm out tomorrow evening and probably friday so it may
> > be a day or two before i apply them.
> >
> > - robert
> >
> The current layout in the "archive" does not meet the new mirroring
> layout. Do we have to change the archive layout as well, so that there
> is no difference in the structure between the manual archived releases
> and the future automatic archived releases?

i wouldn't be too worried by this. the archives are used to preserve
releases just as they were cut. there's nothing wrong with evolution
and progression.

> The current archive layout does not have any source and binary folders
> and the documentation is missing as well.

i recommend preserving the existing layout for the old releases. this
allows an easy redirect on the entire directory rather than fiddly
redirects on each document.

- robert