uima-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: permissions & owners on w.a.o/dist/incubator/uima
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2007 15:22:45 GMT
On Dec 25, 2007 3:23 AM, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:
> When putting files into this spot, I think the permissions should
> include group writable - so others in the project can update things, and
> world read-only for obvious reasons.

+1

> Is there a group for "uima"?  I think there may not be, but I don't
> remember how to check that on linux.

or FreeBSD ;-)

i use:

grep incubator /etc/group

but those with more BSD-fu usually have more elegant solutions than mine...

> If there is not, then we should
> make the group be "incubator" if possible.

+1

the basic infrastructure rule is one group per TLP. so, whilst UIMA is
in the incubator, the incubator group should be used. if UIMA
gradulates to a TLP then a new uima group will be created and that
group should be used for releases. if UIMA graduates as a subproject
of Project Cool (say) then group cool will be used for releases.

- robert