uima-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: permissions & owners on w.a.o/dist/incubator/uima
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2007 17:10:18 GMT
On Dec 29, 2007 3:56 PM, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Robert.
>
> I think we've finished with the tasks needed for migrating to the
> "mirror" system, perhaps with the exception of setting up .htaccess on
> w.a.o/dist/incubator/uima, and adding HEADER.html and README.html to
> that directory.  However, I see other projects do not necessarily have
> that.
>
> Are any other lines (e.g., redirects of some sort) needed in the
> .htaccess file at this time?

i've added the redirects to the appropriate .htaccess file over in
people.apache.org.  if you try
http://people.apache.org/dist/incubator/uima, it should redirect to
the archives. when your retire a release from the main download site
to the archives, you may want to add redirects to the archives.
however, since these URLs should not be used directly (they bypass the
mirrors), it's reasonable just to change the links from your download
documents.

> We would appreciate any "checking" you could do of our work to migrate
> to the mirror system.

looks fine to me

(not sure if you're bothered but) when using mirrors, the download
stats collected from binary hits will no longer accurate. some
projects use google analytics to collect this information.

> Thanks for all your help.

and thanks for acting as guinea pigs :-)

i need to write this up so if anyone has any spare cycles to help
improve the documentation or provide examples, that'd be much
appreciated

- robert