uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r653483 - /incubator/uima/site/trunk/uima-website/xdocs/release.xml
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 17:35:55 GMT
Michael Baessler wrote:
> Hi Marshall,
>
> I read your changes and have some additional questions.
>
> I think you mean "/www/www.apache.org/dist/incubator/uima" instead of "/www/www.apache.org/dist/uima".

Right :-)  until we graduate...
> Do I just have to create new subdirectories for the new release and upload the artifacts
as
> described?
Yes.  Be sure your new directories have the right permissions and group
names.  (see what the old ones had)

>  Are there any additional changes necessary that the download page shows the latest
> release?
Yes.

> When I remember correctly the archiving of the previous releases is done automatically,
right?

Archiving is unusual.  When a release is uploaded to the dist/ spot, it
is automatically copied to the archive spot, too.  So, when we feel
people don't need "mirrored" access to a particular release any more,
just delete it from the dist/ and add a line to the .htaccess file which
does a re-direct.  Please see another dist/ project for how these
.htaccess files are set up.  There is one there for fixing the problem
with the eclipse update site - please leave that part alone - I plan to
update that when I upload the new eclipse update site, anyway, because
that redirect only works on some of the mirrors, apparently.

> What do we have to do to make the annotator package available for download?
I suggest a new subdirectory for this, since it had a separate release
vote, and in the future may be on a different release cycle.
> Can I just add the
> additional artifacts?

In addition, the download page needs to be updated to reflect the new
things to download.  I can't remember if I posted this idea to the list,
but I thought about re-formatting the download page into a table that
more concisely listed what's downloadable - one row per item.

--Marshall