uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache UIMA base framework version 2.2.2-incubating]
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 20:17:13 GMT
Michael Baessler wrote:
> Is this by design? Should we never link download.html?

yes - this is the convention for mirrored sites.
> Any way to fix this automatically?

We could change download.html to be a non-mirror-enabled page, just with
general info about the versions, and have links that went to a page set
up for mirroring (and whose name ended in .cgi) where the actual
download is.  See for an example of this organization,

http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html

If you hover over the "l0.4.1.3" link you'll see the mirror (.cgi) page
being linked to.

Or, we could do something fancy - like rename this to something more
obscure, and redirect both download.html and download.cgi to
new-obscure-name-for-download.cgi (I don't really like this approach...)

-Marshall