uima-dev mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Any interest in this as an open source project?
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 11:12:19 GMT
Roberto Franchini wrote:
> On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Michael Baessler <mbaessler@apache.org> wrote:
>> Altogether sounds good to me, I'm interessted :-)
>>

> I shown this thread to my linguistics (collegues) and we are interested too :)

Ok, it seems there is general interest in accepting
this code donation.  We should move this discussion
to the developers' list.  Basically, here are the
steps we need to follow:

1) Michael (Tanenblatt) creates a JIRA issue and attaches
the source code (as a zip file).

2) UIMA committers and other interested parties review
the source code and VOTE to accept the donation.

3) Michael creates a software grant for ConceptMapper and
sends it to the ASF (we'll help).  Of course you need
your company's permission to do this (and for step 1).

4) We (UIMA PMC) do the IP clearance due diligence process.

5) We import the code into SVN and Apache development can
start.

Steps 4 and 5 can proceed in parallel.

It is not necessary to do any code clean-up before you
submit the code, other than clean-up you may want to do
from your side.  In particular, it is not necessary to
rename packages and insert Apache license headers.  This
can be done when the code is already in the Apache source
repository.

Marshall, you've recently done this for UIMA-AS.  Let me
know if anything is missing/wrong.

Follow-ups to uima-dev, please.

--Thilo