uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Any interest in this as an open source project?
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 13:03:35 GMT
Looks right.  Minor comments below

-Marshall

Thilo Goetz wrote:
> Roberto Franchini wrote:
>> On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Michael Baessler
>> <mbaessler@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Altogether sounds good to me, I'm interessted :-)
>>>

>> I shown this thread to my linguistics (collegues) and we are
>> interested too :)
>
> Ok, it seems there is general interest in accepting
> this code donation.  We should move this discussion
> to the developers' list.  Basically, here are the
> steps we need to follow:
>
> 1) Michael (Tanenblatt) creates a JIRA issue and attaches
> the source code (as a zip file).
Also attach a checksum key for the submission.  See
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-689 for an example.

> 2) UIMA committers and other interested parties review
> the source code and VOTE to accept the donation.
>
> 3) Michael creates a software grant for ConceptMapper and
> sends it to the ASF (we'll help).  Of course you need
> your company's permission to do this (and for step 1).
>
> 4) We (UIMA PMC) do the
first part of the
> IP clearance due diligence process.
An "officer of the foundation" does the final part.

> 5) We import the code into SVN and Apache development can
> start.
This step is dependent on the software grant being acknowledged as
recorded by the ASF secretary or an appropriate surrogate.