uima-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Baessler <mbaess...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Any interest in this as an open source project?
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 14:40:45 GMT
I spend some time to look at the ConceptMapper code.
I think some of the base concepts are similar to the Sandbox DictionaryAnnotator :-)

The current DictionaryAnnotator has defined interfaces to work with different kind of dictionaries,
maybe these can be used to support also the dictionaries provided by ConceptMapper. Even though
the
matching concept of both
annotators are different. DictionaryAnnotator implements the matching behind the Dictionary
interface to support different dictionary types.
ConceptMapper does the matching in the annotator. But if we plan to create one dictionary
annotator
component I think this can be cleaned up.

-- Michael