uima-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Tanenblatt <sloth...@park-slope.net>
Subject Re: Any interest in this as an open source project?
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 15:34:29 GMT

Michael Baessler <mbaessler@apache.org> wrote on 05/15/2008 10:40:45 AM:

 > I spend some time to look at the ConceptMapper code.
 > I think some of the base concepts are similar to the Sandbox
 > DictionaryAnnotator :-)

I guess that is not too surprising!

 > The current DictionaryAnnotator has defined interfaces to work with
 > different kind of dictionaries,
 > maybe these can be used to support also the dictionaries provided by
 > ConceptMapper. Even though the
 > matching concept of both
 > annotators are different. DictionaryAnnotator implements the
 > matching behind the Dictionary
 > interface to support different dictionary types.
 > ConceptMapper does the matching in the annotator. But if we plan to
 > create one dictionary annotator
 > component I think this can be cleaned up.

Perhaps this makes sense, as having only a single dictionary annotator
would probably be preferable. And which gets folded in to the other
source code base doesn't matter to me, either. The point is to offer
the functionality that ConceptMapper provides. It is really a matter
of how much time and effort is needed to do this merging, and who has
the time to do it.